Apr 24, 2013

If Pocket then Mailbox

Mailbox is a really cool iPhone app for managing your inbox. Why is it important? As Chris Dixon once tweeted:

"Your email inbox is a to-do list created by other people." - [someone]  (via


I find it convenient to manage both my "to read" list and my inbox in the same place. A great Mailbox feature is moving emails to a "to read" list. However, since most of my read it later stuff are in Pocket , this feature appears to be somewhat useless for me.

Here IFTTT come to the rescue. IFTTT (if this then that) is a site that lets you connect different apps or web services so they can sync automatically with each other (MAGIC!!). Since Mailbox integration is not supported yet in IFTTT, my recipe for the integration was just sending myself an email each time that I "pocket" a new page, then I manually move it to my "to read" list using Mailbox app (a simple slide left gesture).



No comments:

Post a Comment